- Origen (184-254):
- Homilies on Genesis and Exodus. Translated by R. E. Heine. Fathers of the Church 71. Washington D.C.: The Catholic University of America Press, 2002.
- Gregory of Nyssa (330-395)
- Life of Moses. Translated by A. J. Malherbe and E. Ferguson. Classics of Western Spirituality. New York: Paulist Press, 1978.
- Ephrem the Syrian (306-373)
- St. Ephrem the Syrian: Selected Prose Works: Commentary on Genesis,Commentary on Exodus, Homily on our Lord, Letter to Publius. Translated by Edward G. Matthews, Jr. and Joseph P. Amar. Fathers of the Church 91. Washington D.C.: The Catholic University of America Press, 1994.
- Augustine (354-430)
- Writings on the Old Testament. Edited by Boniface Ramsey. Translated by Joseph T. Lienhard, Sean Doyle, and Joseph T. Kelley. The Works of Saint Augustine: A Translation for the 21st Century 14. New City Press: Hyde Park, NY, 2016.
- Theodoret of Cyrus (393-457)
- Questions on the Octateuch, vol. 1 Translated by Robert C. Hill. Washington D. C.: Catholic University of America Press, 2007.