- Origen (184-254):
- Homilies on Leviticus 1-16. Translated by Gary Wayne Barkley. Fathers of the Church 83. Washington D.C.: The Catholic University of America Press, 1990.
- Gregory of Nyssa (330-395)
- Life of Moses. Translated by A. J. Malherbe and E. Ferguson. Classics of Western Spirituality. New York: Paulist Press, 1978.
- Augustine (354-430)
- Writings on the Old Testament. Edited by Boniface Ramsey. Translated by Joseph T. Lienhard, Sean Doyle, and Joseph T. Kelley. The Works of Saint Augustine: A Translation for the 21st Century 14. New City Press: Hyde Park, NY, 2016.
- Theodoret of Cyrus (393-457)
- Questions on the Octateuch, vol. 2 Translated by Robert C. Hill. Washington D. C.: Catholic University of America Press, 2007.